2013-4-19

社区QQ达人 新浪微博 有头有脸 版主勋章

跳转到指定楼层
1#
发表于 2013-4-19 14:52:50 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
权威推荐:郑州大学2023年考研内部权威资料【点击查看】
总部地址:郑州大学主校区育博书店
考研咨询热线:13633846090(同微信,请优先微信联系)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
专业课二最后一题是案例分析题,但是12年和13年都没有考。但是这并不是说就不用准备了。在这里为大家分享一个郑大内部课件,大家可以借鉴参考一下哦~

跨文化交际案例分析
Situation
Li Hong is a new teacher in a middle school. One day, one of her Chinese colleague Yang Zhen introduces her to their middle-aged foreign teacher Maggie.
Yang:      Li Hong, this is Maggie, our English teacher from  America. And Maggie, this is Li Hong, our new colleague.
Li and Maggie:       How do you do?
Maggie: Your sweater is so smart.
Li: Oh, it is only an old one, I bought it last year.
Maggie: You are so young and smart, I am sure you are a good teacher.
Li: No, no. I am just a newcomer, I should learn from you old teachers.
In this case, Maggie is too bold. She should not be too talkative. Li Hong is too modest. She should be more talkative.
Li Hong comes from a collectivist culture which emphasizes deference paid to people older than self and modesty displayed on the part of the young. Maggie comes from an individualistic culture which values assertiveness and free expression of feelings.
As a young and new teacher, Li Hong showed her respect to Maggie with a formal greeting. When Maggie complimented Li on her sweater and herself, Li reacted in a typical Chinese way by overusing modesty in front of a teacher older than her. She displayed her humbleness by saying that her sweater was an old one and she should learn from Maggie, an old teacher. Li’s responses are perfect between Chinese people but terrible in cross-cultural situations like this. She did not realize that her expression of respect could be translated into offence since individualistic cultures do not associate as much deference with age as collectivistic cultures do. Therefore, Maggie, coming from an individualistic culture, was surprised when Li called her “old teacher”. Maggie did not understand that the word “old” here meant as a compliment, meaning that she had richer teaching experience. Both Li Hong and Maggie communicated only from their cultural perspectives and thus caused miscommunication.
To avoid miscommunication, Li Hong and Maggie should learn more about each other’s culture and adjust their behaviors accordingly. When Maggie complimented Li on her sweater and herself, Li could simply reply “thank you”. She could use her non-verbal language to show her respect to Maggie, for instance, with a smile, a handshake, etc.  As to Maggie, she could use fewer complimentary words or more objective questions to reduce Lis nervousness. She should also understand that one of the key values in collectivism is deference paid to experience and old age.
案例分析技巧
1、跨文化视角
2、运用跨文化知识
3、采用三步法
     A、常规层面的分析Normative-level analysis
     B 实际行为层面的分析Behavioral-level analysis
     C 建议行为层面的分析Giving behavioral-level suggestions
Intercultural communication

案例分析步骤:
第一,阐述案例中涉及的西方文化;
第二,阐述案例中涉及的中国文化;
第三,比较中西方文化的异同。
Situation:
   Li has returned to China after a year in the States. He marries his childhood sweetheart, who has never traveled and speaks very little English. Li's best friend in the States, Bob, comes to visit China for the first time and is introduced to Wang Lan, the new wife of his best friend.
   "Gee, it's great to meet you", says Bob, "Li talked about you all the time back in Houston!" , and kisses Wang Lan heartily on both cheeks. Wang Lan is shocked.
Question :
   Why did Bob and Wang Lan behave so from the cultural perspective(视角)? What behaviors caused the misunderstanding in the case? What corrective behaviors do you suggest to Bob and Wang Lan to avoid miscommunication?
An American manager praises one Japanese employee in front of his group.
American: Mr Sugimono, I have noticed that you are doing an excellent
           job on the assembly line. I hope that the other workers notice how it
           should be done.
Japanese: (Feeling uneasy) Praise is not necessary. I am only doing
          my job (He was hoping that the other Japanese workers did not
          hear them).
American: You are the best, most excellent and dedicated worker we
          have ever had at the Jones Corporation.
          (The Japanese worker  blushed and nodded his head several times,
          and kept working.)
American: Well, are you going to say “Thank you”, Mr Sugimono, or
          just remain silent?
Japanese: Excuse me, Mr Jones. May I leave for five minutes?
American: Sure. (He was annoyed and watched Sugimono exit.) I can
t
           believe how rude some Japanese workers are. They seem to be
           disturbed by praise and dont answer you They just remain silent.
晓雨是个倔强、好强的女孩。她不服输,认真地向泰国老师学习他们对待学生和同事的方式,积极参加他们的各种活动。有一次她在办公室里看到一个30岁左右的女教师批改了一个学生的作业之后在那个初中学生的脸颊上亲吻了一下。晓雨觉得自己长这么大从来没接受甚至看到过老师亲吻学生的,然而在这里她发现效果真的很好,那个老师和学生的关系非常融洽和谐。在那个教师的鼓励下,她也开始尝试亲吻学生的脸颊,她发现效果出人意料的好!越来越多的人认识了晓雨并成为了她的朋友。她慢慢体会了到冰在融化的感觉。有一次一个老教师来问她是否要去参加学校的升国旗活动,她爽快地回答说:“好啊!”那位老教师有些惊讶地说:“你们中国来的老师不是不愿意参加我们的升国旗仪式吗?你是真的愿意还是假的?”她坚定地说:“我愿意!”从那之后,她每周都很早来到升泰国国旗的地方集合。老师们和同学们对她的态度都发生了很大的变化,这次升旗成了一个分水岭。
飞利浦照明公司某区人力资源副总裁(美国人)与一位被认为具有发展潜力的中国员工交谈。想听听这位员工对自己今后五年的职业发展规划以及期望达到的位置。中国员工并没有正面回答问题,而是开始谈论起公司未来的发展方向、公司的晋升体系,以及目前他本人在组织中的位置等等。将了半天也没有正面回答副总裁的问题。副总有些大惑不解,没等他说完已经有写不耐烦了,因为同样的事情之前已经发生了好几次。“我不过是想知道这位员工对于自己未来五年发展的打算,想要在飞利浦做到什么样的职位罢了,可为何就不能得到明确的回答呢?”谈话结束后,副总忍不住想人力资源总监甲抱怨道。“这位老外总裁怎么这样咄咄逼人?”谈话中受到压力的员工也向甲诉苦。作为人力资源总监,甲明白双方之间不同的沟通方式引起了隔阂,虽然他极力向双方解释,但要完全消除已经产生的问题并不容易
CASE 1
Li Gang is a new Chinese student in an American university. He is very glad that one of his classmates, Peter, invites him to see a film one day. Li Gang goes to the cinema on time.
When he gets there, Peter is waiting for him. Peter says, "I have bought mine. You go quickly to buy your ticket." Li Gang gets surprised.

Q: Why does Li Gang get Surprised?

CASE 2
          When Zhangtao traveled in America, he lived in the home of his American friend, Bill, once after he had traveled back; he found Bill was in a bad mood. When he asked what the problem was, Bill told Zhangtao that his son Adam got furious about the noise Zhang made when walking upstairs and also because he was using too much water in the solar powered shower and Adam had to have his shower in cold water. Bill told Zhangtao that he should walk more softly in future, and have a fast shower to save water. Zhangtao felt uneasy. How could the host set such rules for his guests

Q: Why did Zhangtao feel uneasy?
CASE 3

Mrs. Chen has just moved to America. Her husband is a guest professor there. She finds that a car is very necessary in America, so she decides to buy one. After she has chosen a suitable car, she takes out the cash to pay. The salesman is very glad and surprised, "Great. You pay in cash. "Mrs. Chen gets confused.

Q: Why does Mrs. Chen get confused?
Case 4
       Li Lan had an American friend Susan. They usually had lunch together and Li Lan often asked Susan for advice on problems she faced adjusting to American society. Susan gave Li Lan a lot of advice and helped her to improve her English. Once Li Lan needed urgently a big sum of money to pay her tuition fee. Since she has no other friends in the States, she turned to Susan for help and promised that she would return the money soon.
      To Li Lan’s great disappointment, this time Susan didn’t seem happy to lend the money to her. Though Li Lan returned the money as she promised, they didn’t get along well from then on.

Q:
What are the differences in what American and Chinese young people expect from their friends? What kind of advice would you give to both of them so that they could get to know each other better?
CASE 5
         Shao Bin, a Chinese student studying in Britain, was once invited by her British classmate Brian to his house to cook a Chinese meal. Her two Chinese friends were also invited. They busied themselves in the kitchen, making dumplings while Brian did something in the garden and his wife sat on the sofa reading. Shao Bin felt a little upset for she thought that both the host and the hostess should offer to help with the kitchen work. The meal was great and everyone enjoyed themselves. The couple kept complimenting them on their cooking skills and asked for the recipe. But then after the meal, the couple just put down their chopsticks and started minding their own business, leaving the three Chinese guests to clear the table and do the dishes. Shao Bin felt absolutely confused or even angry. She concluded that…

Case 6
       I have an American friend. I have invited him several times, and at long last he invited me to his home one day. He told me to get there at 3pm. I thought we could chat and have a meal together. I gave him a Chinese calendar, a woman’s scarf and a bottle of Chinese white wine. He only took out a dish of nuts, a plate of bread and a bottle of wine. After two hours’ chat, I found there was no hint of a meal and said good-bye to him. He only gave me a box of chocolate as a present of the New Year. After I got home, I found the box had already been opened, I was very surprised.
Q: What surprised me?
案例分析
兰妹的委屈是否有道理?
       下岗女工兰妹通过中介公司找到一份在外国专家家里做保姆的工作。兰妹热情泼辣、精明能干,第一天就给对方留下了不错的印象。他的主要工作之一是打扫房间,包括布朗夫人的卧室。细心的布朗夫人特意给兰妹定制了一份时间表,上面规定每天上午8点清理卧室,让兰妹按照上面的计划严格执行。
        开始几天,兰妹都干得相当好,很令布朗夫人满意。直到有一天,兰妹照例去清理布朗夫人的卧室,却发现布朗夫人并没有像往常一样外出,而是仍在休息。兰妹心想,我应按照计划办事,我打扫也不会影响她休息。热情的兰妹认真地干起活儿来。这时,布朗夫人突然醒了,发现兰妹在她的房间;里,很惊讶,马上用不是很流利的汉语叫起来:“你来干什么?请出去!”兰妹仍是一片好心,“您接着休息吧,我一会就打扫完了。”布朗夫人提高了嗓门,一字一顿地说:“请——你——出——去!”并且用手指着门。兰妹不明白自己哪里惹了布朗夫人,怎么这种态度?她心想,不是你叫我按时打扫吗?她感到满肚子委屈。

分享到: QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
分享淘帖0 分享分享0 收藏收藏2 支持支持0 反对反对0

主题

好友

1万

积分

管理员

UID
性别
考研年份
2014年
报考院系